July 1, 2011

Look-a-like Contest

     We're taking a family vacation this weekend to Lake Tahoe with my wife's in-laws for an epic Fourth of July weekend. And with four adults trapped in a cabin with four rowdies under the age of four, we are definitely out numbered. The good news is that three of the kids aren't mine.
     In an effort to put an effective car-packing plan together my favorite person shipped our dog off to spend the night at a friends house, where he'll be staying all weekend. The reason for this is so that we don't have to drop him off in the morning on the way out of town, but more importantly because when he's around everyone's efficiency level drops like 35 percent. At six-and-a-half pounds I know this sounds ridiculous, however, he just has a way of making himself the epicenter of chaos as you can see in this photo.
     Regardless of his mischievous demeanor, I've missed his presence all night. So even with him gone tonight I am still operating at a low state of efficiency. My cadence is certainly down and I am nearing a bonk. Where I should be packing up for the weekend I am instead sitting here having a beer and writing a post about him. In an attempt to re-capture his image so I can get on with my night, I searched the house for some kind of resemblance to Jak. These are what I came up with:

While they are stunning, the same color and certainly smell better — there's nothing like the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment